2022 OSO Golf & Croquet practice
The start date for the 2022 Golf and Croquet season is set for Tuesday July 12, 2022 at Oxford Greens Golf Course
Address: 99 Country Club Dr #1188, Oxford, CT 06478.
You MUST be preregistered using our online signup sheet (See Below) – that includes Unified Partners and Coaches/Volunteers. Even if you are only coming for “Training Only”, please use the online signup form, so that we will know how many participants we will have and can try to have enough volunteers. We will really need age appropriate Unified Partners.
If you don’t sign up using this form then you will not be eligible for COMPETITION – please note, you will receive a confirmation email with all of your responses, please double check.
Here is the link to register – Click on this Link and fill out the form to sign up for Golf or Croquet: http://bit.ly/2022OSOGolfCroquet
You should receive a confirmation email with your responses to the form.
If you plan on attending the practices …. Please take the time to register online, Please select “TRAINING ONLY” if you do not plan to go to competition.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE SIGNUP FORM BEFORE CLICKING SUBMIT!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GOLF EQUIPMENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW VIA EMAIL, SO WE CAN TRY TO GET YOU SOME.
WHAT TO WEAR: A collared shirt, dress shorts and sneakers or golf shoes with no metal spikes. NO TEE SHIRTS AND NO JEANS ALLOWED ON GOLF COURSE!!
RULES: Common sense prevails – No shouting or loud talking in vicinity of practice greens or tees – Golf courses are places that are typically quiet for the concentration of the participants –
No swinging of golf clubs off of the practice tees or without the direction of your coach. Listen to your coach!!
- Oxford Special Olympics will be training in two sports this season – Golf and Croquet Competition will be at the “2022 Special Olympics Connecticut Fall Sports Festival”.
- Golf Competition will be held at Sleeping Giant in Hamden on SUNDAY September 11, 2022.
- Croquet competition will be held at Ocean House in RHODE ISLAND either Saturday or Sunday September 17 air 18, 2022 (we will find out which day we compete at a later time). There will be a Unified Croquet Qualifier on Saturday August 20, 2022.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – CROQUET
- FYI: Croquet competition is held OUT OF STATE IN RHODE ISLAND.
- It is a UNIFIED EVENT, which means athletes will be paired with a Unified Partner of equal ability and age. We will need unified partners to sign up for competition in order to form teams.
- If we do not have partners of similar age and ability, then athletes will be able to train, but may not go to competition.
- Special Olympics CT gives each local program an “allotment” of how many teams we are allowed to bring to competition, the last time we competed, we only had 8 teams, which means only 8 athletes were allowed to participate in competition along with 8 partners. We do not know the exact number that we will be able to bring this year, so it is very important to sign up for croquet competition EARLY.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – GOLF
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GOLF EQUIPMENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW VIA EMAIL, SO WE CAN TRY TO GET YOU SOME.
- Athletes will be signing up for Individual Skills competition, unless they have previously competed in “Unified Alternate Shot”. In order to be considered for Unified Competition the following rule shall apply (and is at the discretion of the Head Coaches) Alternate Shot Golf with a Unified Partner:
- The standard for eligibility is for an athlete and Unified partner to have completed an Individual Skills Competition with a total score of at least 60 points. In addition, the athlete should score 10 points or more in at least four out of the six skills, with one of the four scores of 10 being in either the wood or iron shot. The athlete should also achieve a minimum of five points in the two skills that total less than 10. If the athlete is scoring above 100 in the ISC (minus the bunker shot), it is recommended that they begin participating in Level 2 competitions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Volunteer Sports Coordinator – Oxford Special Olympics