OSO Golf and Croquet practice
Golf and Croquet Training begin Tuesday, July 7 at Oxford Greens Golf Club, 99 Country Club Rd, Oxford, CT.
Practice will be held every Tuesday (until competition in September) from 6:00pm until 8:00pm – really until we get tired, it gets dark, or the coaches kick us out.
Open to all athletes and Unified Partners (must have valid registration forms filled out). No prior experience necessary; come learn or improve your skills. Volunteers always welcome.
Bring golf clubs if you have them, or we can provide some for you (limited availability).
There is NO COST, due to the generosity of Oxford Greens Golf Course donating the use of practice tees, practice green, balls, etc.
Please respect the few simple rules of the club.
Dress Code: Collared shirt, dress shorts, sneakers or golf shoes with no metal spikes. NO TEE SHIRTS, NO JEANS allowed!
Common sense prevails – No shouting or loud talking in vicinity of practice greens or tees – Golf courses are typically quiet for the concentration of the participants – No swinging of golf clubs off of the practice tees or without the direction of your coach. Listen to your coach!!
Croquet Practice will be held right at the Golf Course, concurrent with Golf Practice. Equipment will be provided. (I’m told there are no horses – that’s Polo.)
Same dress code, same rules of behavior, also no cost. Come give it a try!
- Golf Skills Jamboree – Saturday, July 19, Lyman’s Orchards (optional)
- Alternate Shot Golf Invitational – Saturday, Aug. 22, Orange Hills Golf Course (optional – THIS IS FOR GOLF PAIRS COMPETING AT THE GAMES)
- SOCT Fall Sports Festival Golf Competition – Sunday, Sept, 13, 12:30pm – 5:00pm, Sleeping Giant Golf Course
- SOCT Unified Croquet Invitational – Elizabeth Park, West Hartford, CT
- Fall Sports Festival Croquet Competition – September 19 & 20, Ocean House, Watch Hill, RI
Larry has already updated the calendar on www.oxfordso.org. Check there for details. Updates will be disseminated via email and Facebook.
I look forward to seeing you at practice!